Here I am with my Granny...Theda Bell Jones. I'm from texas, did you guess? My Granny is still alive and well...better than well, she's a total spitfire. I will keep my stories to a minimum since there's no telling who in my family peeks in here occasionally. Here are 10 things I remember about my Granny.
1. She's the first person to ever say "hussy" in front of me.
2. She had a small, plug in organ where she'd play "Amazing Grace" with a cigarette hanging from her lips.
3. I'd share her bed when I spent the night with her...she would read Harlequin Romances and tell me to "BE STILL!" if I wiggled too much.
4. She had a cat named Wheezer
5. She had a big mimosa tree that would drop seed pods. I used to soak the seeds and string them for necklaces.
6. Her neighbors had chickens...one Saturday they showed all the kids how to ring a chicken's neck.
7. She wouldn't watch All in the Family because Archie reminded her too much of my Grandpa.
8. She swore by breast and wrinkle creams
9. She used Aqua Net
10. She had a jewelry box with a dancing ballerina inside.
11. she always wore little animal pins filled with rhinestones. *yes, I know...that's 11..but I couldn't just leave out the animal pins, could I?* oxox